Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, email and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us via email through our Contact Us page or write to us at (with a reference to California Disclosure Information):
The Taylor Reach Group, Inc.
168 Centre Street, South
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada L1H 4A6
We will respond to such requests to information access within 30 days following receipt at the email or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different email or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
California Supplemental Privacy Notice
SUMMARY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect the following categories of information as summarized in the table below. This Supplemental Notice does not apply to personal information we collect from employees or job applicants in their capacity as employees or job applicants. It also does not apply to personal information we collect from employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of businesses in the course of our provision or receipt of business-related services.
All of the categories of personal information we collect about you (as detailed below) come from the following categories of sources:
- You, including through your use of our services
- Automatically collected from you
- Our affiliate companies
- Third parties
- Identifiers (such as name, address, email address), when collected, are shared with our CRM or contact management systems.
- Commercial Information (such as transaction data), when collected, is shared only with our payment processor.
- Financial Data (such as billing information), when collected, is shared only with our payment processor.
- Internet or Other Network Device Activity (such as browsing history or app usage) is collected by aggregators (such as our analytics services).
- Location Information (e.g. inferred from your IP address) is accessed by aggregators (such as analytics services).
- Professional or Employment-Related Data (such as the name of your employer) is shared with our aggregators (such as analytics services) and/or our CRM and contact services.
- Other Information that Identifies or Can Be Reasonably Associated with You, can be accessed by our service providers and aggregators (such as analytics services).
CATEGORIES OF BUSINESS/COMMERCIAL PURPOSES FOR OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
All of the categories of personal information we collect about you (as detailed above) are used for the following purposes:
- Providing our services (for example, account servicing and maintenance, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about our services)
- For our operational purposes, and the operational purposes of our service providers and integration partners
- Improving our existing services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features)
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity
- Bug detection, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our services
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (for example, measuring ad impressions)
- Short-term, transient use, such as customizing content that we or our service providers display on the services
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third party partners
- Other uses that we notify you about
CALIFORNIA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Subject to certain restrictions, California residents have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect about you, to delete any personal information that we collected from or maintain about you, and to opt-out of the sale of personal information about you. As a California resident, you also have the right to designate an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. This section describes how to exercise those rights and our process for handling those requests, including our means of verifying your identity. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us here. While our contact form is the best way to reach us, you may also email us at [email protected]
Accessing and Deleting Your Personal Information
- Right to request access to your personal information
California residents have the right to request that we disclose what categories of personal information that we collect, use, or sell about you. You may also request the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you. However, we may withhold some information where the risk to you, your personal information, or our business is too great to disclose the information.
- Right to request deletion of your personal information
You may also request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from/about you. However, we may retain personal information as authorized under applicable law, such as personal information required as necessary to provide our services, protect our business and systems from fraudulent activity, to debug and identify errors that impair existing functionality, as necessary for us, or others, to exercise their free speech or other rights, comply with law enforcement requests pursuant to lawful process, for scientific or historical research, for our own internal purposes reasonably related to your relationship with us, or to comply with legal obligations. We need certain types of information so that we can provide our services. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our services.
- How to exercise your access and deletion rights
For security purposes, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity when you request to exercise your California privacy rights.
If you have an online account with us, logging into your account will serve to verify your identity and request, although we may request additional information if we believe your account has been compromised. If you do not have an account with us, or if we have reason to suspect that the security of your account is compromised, we will request additional information from you to match with our existing records to verify your identity, depending on the nature of the request and the sensitivity of the information sought.
Once you submit a request to (1) access the categories of personal information we have about you or (2) obtain a copy of specific pieces of personal information we have about you, we will ask that you verify you identity by logging into your account using your username and password. There, we will provide you with your information in a password-protected format.
To request that we delete personal information we have collected from you, you will need to authenticate with us by first logging into your account using your user name and password on file with us and deleting your account, once you let us know you’ve taken this action we will initiate the deletion process.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights and do not have an account with us, please contact us here and we will request additional information to perform identity verification where possible.
Sales of Personal Information
California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. The Taylor Reach Group does not “sell” your personal information as we understand that term to be defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act and its implementing regulations.
California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.