PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT TO US!
In just a few years, the internet has revolutionized the way we do business. It allows us to interact with each other personally across time and space to offer information and additional value, to listen to your opinions and to provide a host that you can access from the convenience of your home or office. At the same time, it also brings legitimate concerns about privacy and security.
At Taylor Reach, we are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. In fact, it is one of our highest priorities and remains the cornerstone of our commitment to you. However, you have chosen to provide information to us, we use vigorous security safeguards and adhere to FOURTEEN PRIVACY PRINCIPLES to ensure your personal information is protected.
Taylor Reach invites you to review their principles, which have been built upon the code for the protection of personal information as outlined in both Canada’s Personal Information and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act as well as the GDPR of the European Union.
|Principle 1 – Accountability||Principle 2 – Identifying Purposes||Principle 3 – Consent|
|Principle 4 – Limiting Collection||Principle 5 – Limiting use, Disclosure and Retention||Principle 6 – Accuracy|
|Principle 7 – Safeguards||Principle 8 – Openness||Principle 9 – Individual Access/ Right to Access|
|Principle 10 – Challenging
|Principle 11 – Breach Notification||Principle 12 – Right to be Forgotten|
|Principle 13 – Data Portability||Principle 14 – Privacy by Design|
Principle 1 – Accountability
TRG is responsible for maintaining and protecting your information under our control. In fulfilling this mandate, Taylor Reach has designated an individual who is accountable for our company’s compliance with the Ten Privacy Principles. This person is Colin Taylor. You may contact Colin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principle 2 – Identifying Purposes
We will always identify the purpose for which we wish to collect your personal information at or before the time of collection.
Principle 3 – Consent
Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of customer information except where required or permitted by law. Any request for consent, declaration of terms, or statement of privacy must be presented clearly and concisely, and without any ambiguity of meaning. Furthermore, it must be as easy to withdraw consent as it is to give it.
Principle 4 – Limiting Collection
The personal information we collect is limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified by TRG. Information will always be collected by fair and lawful means.
Principle 5 – Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
Your personal information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. Your personal information will only be retained for the period of the time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Principle 6 – Accuracy
Your personal information will be maintained in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
Principle 7 – Safeguards
Your personal information is protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information.
Principle 8 – Openness
Taylor Reach will make information available to you concerning our policies and practices that apply to the management of your personal information.
Principle 9 – Individual Access/ Right to Access
Upon request, we shall disclose to you the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information, and you shall be given access to it. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of this information, and you may request that it be amended, if necessary. Where a change or update is required we will complete these changes immediately. Upon request, you will be provided, free of charge, a copy of the personal data being processed in an electronic format
Principle 10 – Challenging Compliance
You may direct any questions or inquiries with respect to the Privacy Principle above or about our practices by contacting Colin Taylor of Taylor Reach at email@example.com
Principle 11 – Breach Notification
In the unlikely event that a security breach occurs, all data subjects will be notified within 72 hours of first discovering the breach. The method of this notification will include as many forms as deemed necessary to disseminate the information in a timely manner, including email, telephone, and public announcement.
Principle 12 – Right to be Forgotten
Upon request, any personal data of the data subject will be erased. At which point, Taylor Reach Group will cease further dissemination of the data and halt all processing.
Principle 13 – Data Portability
A data subject is able to receive any previously provided personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format. The data subject also had the right to request Taylor Reach Group to transmit the data to another processor, free of charge.
Principle 14 – Privacy by Design
Taylor Reach Group will process only the data absolutely necessary for business operations and will limit access to personal data to only those employees needing the information to complete the process consented to by the data subject.
COLLECTION AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION FROM TAYLOR REACH
In order to provide you with the information or services, you have requested Taylor Reach will in some circumstances request that you provide personal information, including your name, title, company, address, e-mail address, telephone number, contact information, billing information and any other information from which your identity is discernible. TRG will not sell or share your information with any other party. We also gather or may gather certain information about your use of our site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is or may be collected by Taylor Reach. This information can include without limitation your IP address, Browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information may also be used for site security and law enforcement purposes. Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of the Taylor Reach website, such as in online forums etc. such information may be collected and used by others over whom TRG has no control. TRG is not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Taylor Reach website.
In cases where we ask you for personal information to access special sites functions, you submit this information voluntarily. If you do not wish for your personal information to be used, please do not submit it.
USE OF INFORMATION BY TAYLOR REACH
We use the information we gather on the Taylor Reach Web site, whether personal, professional, demographic or technical, for the purpose of operating and improving the Taylor Reach Web site, and delivering a positive user experience, and delivering the services that we provide.
We may use your contact information in order to send you emails or other communications regarding updates at the Taylor Reach site, such as; newsletters, case studies or white papers. The nature and frequency of these messages will vary depending upon the information you have requested. In addition, at the time of registration on the Taylor Reach Website, you have the option to elect to receive additional information including without limitation free informational newsletters from Taylor Reach relating to topics that may be of special interest to you. You may cancel these communications at any time by replying to an email and requesting “cancel”.
We have an area where you can submit feedback. Any feedback you submit in that area becomes our property, and we can use such feedback for marketing purposes or to contact you for further information. Disclosure of information combined personal and demographic information or information about your use of the Taylor Reach Web site (such as the areas you visit or the services you access), except as set forth in the following situations;
We may disclose such information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include hosting our Web server, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party. Your information is always protected through detailed and comprehensive ‘Confidentiality Agreements’ with any and all third parties and their employees which incorporate our 14 Privacy Principles.
We may disclose such information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a government entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect the right or property of the Taylor Reach or its affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to demand that your personal information is deleted from Taylor Reach. If you opted to receive a newsletter, commercial, email or other communications from TRG at the time you registered, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out by replying to an email and typing “cancel” in the subject line.
You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline all cookies if you prefer. Alternatively, you may be able to modify your browser’s setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. If you choose to decline cookies this might limit your ability to access all the services that are made available on the TRG website.
Taylor Reach recognizes the importance of protecting your personal information. However, complete confidentiality and security are not yet possible over the internet. Taylor Reach is not liable for any damages you may suffer as a result of the security with the internet or misuse of any information transmitted over the internet.
Taylor Reach has implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures designated to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your information for improper purposes.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
If we decide to change our Privacy Statement, we will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information. If at any time, you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-647-428-5811 Ext. 102 and speak to one of our representatives.
SUBSCRIPTION TO OUR NEWSLETTERS
On Taylor Reach Group’s website, users are given the opportunity to subscribe to our newsletter. We inform our customers and business partners periodically by means of a newsletter about enterprise offers in addition to external, industry-related content. Taylor Reach Group’s newsletter may only be received by the data subject if (1) the data subject had a valid email address and (2) the data subject registers for the newsletter shipping. A confirmation e-mail is used to validate your email and prove whether the owner of the e-mail address as the data subject is authorized to receive the newsletter.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send out Taylor Reach’s bi-monthly newsletter, Customer Reach. Additionally, subscribers to the newsletter may also be informed by e-mail as long as this is necessary for the operation of the newsletter service or a registration in question. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties. The subscription to our newsletter may be terminated upon request of the data subject at any given time. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time directly from the newsletters or website of the controller or to communicate this to the controller in a different way.
COMMENTS FUNCTION IN THE BLOG ON THE WEBSITE
Taylor Reach Group offers users the possibility to leave individual comments on individual blog contributions on our website’s blog. If a data subject leaves a comment on the blog, the comments are also stored and published, as well as information on the date of the commentary and on the user’s chosen by the data subject. The IP address assigned by the ISP to the data subject is also logged. This storage of the IP address takes place for security reasons and in case the data subject violates the right of third parties or posts illegal content through a given comment. The storage of this personal data is therefore in the own interest of The Taylor Reach Group so we can exculpate in the event of an infringement. This collected personal data will not be passed to third parties unless such a transfer is required by law or serves the aim of the defense of Taylor Reach Group.
COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATORY AUTHORITIES
We collect and use your personal data only where:
- We need it to provide you the Service(s), including to operate the Service(s), provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Service(s);
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Service(s) and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your personal data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of personal data about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your personal data because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Service(s).
We may use your email address to send you marketing communications or to inform you about our Service(s), such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements. We will ask for your consent in line with the applicable law when you first provide your personal data. We also allow you to opt out by following the unsubscribe directions in such communications.
If you wish to exercise any privacy right that is available to you, we will process your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and/or to complete transactions that you began prior to requesting any deletion. This set of processing rights excludes all situations in which Taylor Reach processes personal data of Taylor Reach’s customers and/or the customers’ clients on or through the Taylor Reach platform, where Taylor Reach is a processor and not a controller.
- Right not to provide consent or to withdraw consent.Where we seek to rely on your consent in order to process certain parts of your personal data, you have the right not to provide your consent or to withdraw your consent at any time. In case of withdrawal, Taylor Reach will not process the personal data subject to this consent any longer unless legally required to do so. In case we are required to retain your personal data for legal reasons, such data will be restricted from further processing and only retained for the term required by law. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Furthermore, if your use of a good or service requires your prior consent, we will no longer be able to provide the relevant good or service to you after withdrawal of your consent.
- Right of Information and Access.You can require Taylor Reach to confirm at any time that Taylor Reach is processing your personal data or to have access to the personal data Taylor Reach may have about you. You may also request information about the purpose of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, third parties that might have received the data from Taylor Reach, the source of the personal data, if you did not provide it directly to Taylor Reach, and how long it will be stored. Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost to you upon request. If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, Taylor Reach will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, Taylor Reach will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
- Right to Rectification.You have a right to correct the record of your personal data maintained by Taylor Reach if it is inaccurate.
- Right of Erasure.In certain circumstances, you may have the right to the erasure of personal data that we hold about you, such as it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected.
- Right to Data Portability.If Taylor Reach uses your personal data on the legal basis of either your consent or performance of a contract with you, you may also request from Taylor Reach a copy of the personal data you provided to us, clearly stating which personal data you require from Taylor Reach in which format and whether the personal data shall be provided to you or another recipient. We will carefully review your request and discuss with you how it can be best implemented.
- Right to Restriction of Processing.You can request from Taylor Reach that Taylor Reach restricts your personal data from any further processing in any of the following events: (i) you state that the personal data Taylor Reach has about you is incorrect, (but only for as long as we are required to check the accuracy of the relevant personal data), (ii) there is no legal basis for us processing your personal data and you demand that we restrict your personal data from further processing, (iii) we no longer require your personal data but you claim that you require us to retain such data in order to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third-party claims or (iv) in case you object to the processing of your personal data by us, where based on our legitimate interest, for as long as it is required to review as to whether we have a prevailing interest or legal obligation in processing your personal data.
- Right to lodge a complaint.If you take the view that Taylor Reach is not processing your personal data in accordance with the requirements set out in the Privacy Statement or applicable EU data protection laws if such laws apply to you, you can at any time lodge a complaint with the data protection authority of the EU country where you live or with the data protection authority of the country or state where the Taylor Reach controller that collected your personal data has its registered seat.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com that we may consider your request under applicable law, verify any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
The Taylor Reach is located at 168 Centre Street South, Oshawa Ontario, Canada, L1H 4A6. We welcome your comments concerning this Privacy Statement. If you believe that we have not in any way lived up to this statement, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-647-428-5811 ext 102. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem. Thank you for visiting The Taylor Reach Group, Inc.