Case Study: Taylor Reach Group Helps Large BPO Improve Employee Retention
By uncovering key issues for employee turnover, Taylor Reach identified opportunities for 33% reduction in attrition for leading call management and collection agency outsource provider.
One of the largest privately-held outsourcing provider of call center management and collection agency services in North America, offering a comprehensive set of business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions, including customer relationship management (CRM). Located offshore, near shore, and throughout the United States, offering turnkey solutions, encompassing contact center deployment, operations, staffing, and management services.
With unemployment rates at a record low across the United States and competitors increasing their onshore presence, the client’s front-line account representative turnover increased to over 150%, reaching as high as 200% in at least one of their domestic locations.
Employing a Best-Practice Benchmark Assessment, Taylor Reach compared the center to best-practice centers highlighting key areas of successes and opportunities.
In addition to the benchmarking assessment, focus groups were held at five sites in four states across the U.S. with over 200 front-line staff which included agents, supervisors, work force management, Quality Assurance, Recruiting and Training. Interviews were held with mid-level management, external department stakeholders, investors and the executive team.
A thorough evaluation of communication processes, data management and operational processes was completed, with over 200 documents reviewed and relevant data aggregated.
- Strengthen recruitment process by interviewing for soft skills and a customized personality assessment to drive social connectedness, and workplace continuity.
- Create new training system to ensure consistency and effectiveness across sites and programs.
- Increase wages to competitive level in each hiring market, and implement comprehensive compensation structure, with competitive wages, and bands/ranges for each role based on position profiles.
- Document and enforce company policies to ensure bias-free, fair and equitable practices.
- Opportunities to update the organizations “ethos” to align with goal to be the “best in the industry”.
Services provided by Taylor Reach for the client uncovered 5 key areas within the client’s operations driving employee dissatisfaction resulting in high employee turnover in the first 90 days of employment and identified millions in cost savings by making changes to recruitment and training processes and practices.
- Pinpointed 33% attainable reduction in attrition through recommendations.
- Provided a benchmark of practices compared to thousands of contact centers worldwide.
- Identified approximately $70 million in attrition costs that could be better spent in improving wages, retention incentives, personnel development, and facilities maintenance.
- Provided a comprehensive strategy to reduce turnover in the contact centers within 6-8 months and return to sub %100 attrition rates.